I like to point you to the new BLOG of LJ QIAN - Oracle Maps Software-Developer.
Especially, as in his latest thread he describes how to "Number" FOI's in order to easily crossreference the numbers with the numbers of a list aside the map:
As well I found very useful infos and How To's about
- Oracle Maps/Mapviewer within a SWING application (with source code!)
- How to put/edit labels/text aside an FOI
- Do a "secure" Mapping by means of APEX, AJAX and Oracle Maps
- How to read Logs generated by Mapviewer
- a Primer on Oracle Maps/Mapviewer
- GeoRSS function using FLICKR feed...
and even more.